Monday, April 6, 2009

Evan's first time bowling

Craig and I thought we would be brave and take Evan bowling for the first time. Craig was talking to my Dad and he asked my Dad if he has ever taken my little half brother who is Evan's age bowling. My Dad just laughed which unnerved us a little. In this picture you can see Evan's "chicken arm". Whenever Evan feels big or confident he puts his little arm up like a chicken wing. I don't know if it is an impression of me putting my hand on my hip but it always makes me laugh.


The bowling alley didn't have any of the ramps for Evan to use to bowl so we had to help him throw it down the lane. It stalled once in the middle of the lane but we got the hang of it eventually. Notice Evan's cute bowling shoes? Adorable! Also notice Craig's arm muscles-hello!


Evan's first bowl.


Here I am trying to help Evan bowl. My arm muscles are not nearly as impressive.


Here we are taking a little nap while we wait for the ball to reach the pins. Evan is probably the only person in the world who bowls slower than me. Evan soon got bored. He thought the arcade was far more entertaining. Keeping him entertained and making sure he was safe meant that Craig and I took over two hours to bowl 2 games. Towards the end Evan was playing in a little alcove behind our lane. Craig and I would take turns standing by him while the other person bowled. I came in to the little room and saw Evan smearing poo on the foosball game. I hurried and walked him into the bathroom and Craig grabbed his diaper bag. By the time I changed Evan's clothes and cleaned up the foosball game we were almost late for Craig's volleyball practice again. You should have seen that kid book it into the gym when we finally go there. Never a dull moment.

3 comments:

Elwell Family said...

Too cute! he is growing up so fast. I can't believe how big he has gotten! We miss you guys. Come see us!

Ryan and Julene Stoianowski said...

I love this story! I read it to Ryan and we got excited for the adventures of a 3 year old!:)

Jenny said...

So cute! Evan is so big! I can't believe it. Aren't toddlers the greatest entertainers!? We get our greatest laughs from Ryder. :)